The eventLAB is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites, nor for errors contained therein.
- BCN estrena la ‘cueva’ de realidad virtual más avanzada de Espańa Edición digital de El Periódico de Catalunya 19 December 2011
- Congratulations to Andrea Brogni Andrea Brogni was one of the original members of the event Lab in 2006. He continued his PhD part time at Universitat Politčcnica de Catalunya after he took up a position in Italy.He was awarded the PhD at UPC on 19th December, 2011Thesis:Haptic Illusion in Virtual EnvironmentsDirector: Mel Slater, ICREA-UBTutor: Isabel Navazo, UPCCommitteePere Brunet - ChairMariano AlcańizCarlos AndujarManuel FerreDomenico Prattichizzo19 December 2011
- ARAcičncia - Aquest cos que sento és seu omeu? 08 December 2011
- Transcending the Self – The Illusion of Body Ownership in Immersive Virtual Reality and its Impact on Behaviour Mel Slater invited Keynote Talk at the 12th International Multisensory Research Forum, Fukuoka, Japan.
18 October 2011
- Transforming the Self in Immersive Virtual Environments Invited Keynote Talk by Mel Slater at AFIG 2011.
AFIG is the Association Française d'Informatique Graphique.
This took place near Biarritz, France.
12 October 2011
- Body Representation in Immersive Virtual Reality Mel Slater presented a seminar at the Department of Computer Science, University of Cyprus.
03 October 2011
- Are You Good or Evil Mel Slater featured in the BBC2 Horizon Programme "Are You Good or Evil?" together with Xueni (Sylvia) Pan at UCL, describing an experiment in virtual reality to examine people's responses to moral dilemmas. 07 September 2011
- Congratulations to Jorge Arroyo Congratulations to Jorge Arroyo who passed his PhD viva on 2nd September. His PhD was obtained from the University of Sheffield, and supervised by Dr Daniela Romano.The examiners were Dr Nadia Bianchi-Berthouze from UCL and Prof. Mike Holcombe from the University of Sheffield.02 September 2011The title was "Real-Time Emotion Recognition, Adaptation and Interaction using Physiological Signals".
- Raphaela Groten, PhD Congratulations to eventLab researcher Raphaela Groten. On 12th July, 2011, she successfully defended her PhD thesis, with a grade of Magna Cum Laude, at the Technical University of Munich.12 July 2011
- Ausiŕs Pomés - Enginyeria Informŕtica Presentation Congratulations to Ausiŕs Pomés who today presented his final Masters Thesis project on the Enginyeria Informŕtica at the Facultat d’Informŕtica de Barcelona, UPC. The project was directed by Mel Slater and the academic advisor at UPC was Carlos Antonio Andújar Gran.The thesis title was: A Virtual Umblical CordAusiŕs was awarded the maximum grade for this project by the committee.01 July 2011
- European Research Council - Promoting Excellence in Research in Europe Mel Slater to speak on the ERC project TRAVERSE.
From the Conference Web Page
"At the occasion of the Hungarian Presidency of the European Union, the European Research Council (ERC) organises jointly with the Hungarian Academy of Sciences a conference on “Promoting Excellence in Research in Europe”. The event, which takes place in Budapest on the 20th of June 2011, aims to raise awareness about the ERC’s funding opportunities and the ERC’s role within the broader European Research Area. "
"The spotlight will be on top researchers who have been successful in obtaining highly competitive ERC grants to develop their projects. The event, which is open to the press, will also look at the ERC’s role in terms of innovation and at “blue sky” research funding in Central Europe."
20 June 2011
- Conference - Moral Emotions and Intuitions
Xueni Pan and Mel Slater: Should you push the switch, and would you? An experimental study on a moral dilemma in virtual reality.
The Hague, The Netherlands, 26th May, 2011.26 May 2011
- Es realidad aumentada, pero casi parece teletransportación Actualidad Orange 25 February 2011
- Crean en Barcelona un sistema de realidad aumentada que evoca la teletransportación La Vanguardia, 24 February 2011
- Crean un sistema de realidad aumentada que evoca la sońada teletransportación La voz de Galicia 24 February 2011
- Crean un sistema de realidad aumentada que evoca la teletransportación ABC 24 February 2011
- Teletransportació de Bcn a Londres COMRádio 24 February 2011
- Prof. Mel Slater to address the American Association for the Advancement of Science Mel Slater will present a paper entitled: "From Artificial Limbs to Virtual Reality: How the Brain Represents the Body". In describing his talk, Prof. Slater says "... it is becoming clear that virtual reality can be used in a way that has hardly been explored up to now. Not only can your sense of place be transformed, but also aspects of the sense of yourself, in particular the appearance of your body". 19 February 2011
- Virtually feeling fat PhysOrg.com 01 February 2011
- Mar Gonzalez has been awarded a three years Pre-Doctorate Grant, FI-DGR 2011, given by the Commission for Universities and Research of the Generalitat de Catalunya (CUR-Gencat) and co-funded by the European Commission - European Social Fund (EC-ESF). Congratulations Mar! 01 January 2011