Research & InterestI am an ICREA Research Professor at the University of Barcelona in the EventLAB. I founded the Virtual Environments and Computer Graphics group in the Department of Computer Science, University College London, where I still have several projects and PhD students.
For more information about the projects please click on the project.
- Virtual Reality in Chronic Pain Alleviation. will undertake the development and application of technologically advanced methods based on virtual reality for distraction of attention, for the alleviation of chronic pain. – TV3 Marató Catalunya, (2008-2011).
- TRAVERSE, Transcending Reality – Activating Virtual Environment Responses through Sensory Enrichment (Contract 227985) European Research Council (ERC) Advanced Grant, 2009-2014.
- BEAMING, Augmented Multi-Modal Naturally-Networked Gatherings, is a four year FP7 EU collaborative project (#248620) which started on Jan 1st 2010.
- VERE, Virtual
Embodiment and Robotic Re-Embodiment, is a four year FP7 EU
collaborative project (#257695) which started on June 1st 2010.
- PRESENCCIA, Presence: Research Encompassing Sensory Enhancement, Neuroscience, Cerebral-Computer Interfaces and Applications – a 4 year EU Integrated Project, 2006-2009. (PI Mel Slater, who is also coordinator of the 14 partner PRESENCCIA project).
- IMMERSENCE, Immersive Multi-Modal Interactive Presence – a 4 year EU Integrated project, 2006-2009, partner. (PI, Mel Slater).
- MIMICS, Multimodal Immersive Motion Rehabilitation with Interactive Cognitive Systems, FP7-ICT-2007-1, Objective 1.2.1: Cognitive Systems, Interaction, Robotics, no. 215756, 2008-2010. (PI, Mel Slater).